Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Suit up

Do you ever get so overwhelmed and discouraged being a woman? There are so many obstacles to endure in one day. Before I open the door and enter the war zone, I spend time with my King. In other words, I suit up and put my armor on. No sooner do I put my foot on the enemy's territory than my shield goes up and I am darting arrows as fast as I can. Then I lose my bearings and drop my shield and the enemy takes me down. The enemy is not some creature from another place; it's someone I know really well. It's me, my flesh.
When I received Christ, I received the Holy Spirit. I now have love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Hebrews 10:16 says, "This is the new covenant I will make with my people on that day, says the Lord: I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds." I have no excuse; God gave me a part of him. He gave me the same power He gave Jesus. I ask myself daily, "Why do I waste such a priceless gift?" So many times it's my flesh that is first to cross the finish line.
This is when I go into my quiet chamber (my closet), enter the throne room, and get on my knees and say, "Forgive me Father. Once again I thought I could do it in my strength. Please fill me with your Spirit till my heart and soul are overflowing." I am now confident to fight my enemy and enter the battle. I now pick up my cross and follow Jesus.
"So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you!" (Hebrews 10:35)

No comments:

Post a Comment