Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Lord's Job

      THE LORD'S JOB
     
    The Lord one day had a job for me,
    But I had so much to do;
    So I said, Please Lord,get somebody else,
    Or wait till I get through,
    I don't know how the Lord came out,
    But he seemed to get along;
    But I felt a kind of sneaking like,
    And knew I'd done him wrong.
    One day I needed  the Lord myself,
    Needed him right away;
    But he never answered me at all-
    But yet I could hear him say,
    Away down in my accusing heart,
    "I've got so much to do-
    You get somebody else this time,
    or wit till I get through."
    Now, when the Lord has a job for me,
    I never try to shirk;
    I drop whatever I have on hand,
    And do the the good Lord's work.
    And my affairs can run along,
    Or wait till I get through.
    For nobody else can do the job
    that the Lord marked out for you...
                      --Paul L. Dunbar-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment